HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SHOW
A. What you will need
- Minimum of 9 pieces of work
- Short version bio/artist statement - 65 words written in third person
- Two 8"x10" hard copies of your bio/artist statement with a 2"x2" photo of you on it
- 4 high-res digital images of pieces available for sale, in varying orientations (vertical, horizontal or square)
B. What and When to submit:
- Eight weeks prior to your show, email digital images along with your short bio/artist statement, drop off 2 hard copies of your bio/artist statement, and pay gallery any balance due.
- Deliver your pieces two weeks prior to the art show opening. Call the gallery for delivery date and time. Please allow extra 15 minutes to fill out your price tags.
- Artists may bring greeting cards and bin works - the gallery will provide canvas stands for bin work.
C. Other key information:
- Only wire hanging mechanisms are accepted
- Art on paper should be in a frame with glass
- Painting on canvas or on wood should be in a frame. A limited quantity of unframed pieces will be accepted if they meet the following criteria:
- a) Canvas gallery wrap, all sides painted and no staples showing
- b) Painting on board should have a minimum of 1/2 inch thickness on the outer edges, with sides neatly painted.
As one of the largest owner-operated custom picture framing studios in Boulder County since 1996, we offer our custom framing design
and gallery expertise to guide you with the best options and solutions for all your framing needs. In preparation for your successful
art show, we will help you achieve the outcome that best suits your art with incredible service and a complimentary discount:
- 25% discount on custom framing materials for 1 piece
- 35% discount on custom framing materials for up to 5 pieces
- 45% discount on custom framing materials for 6 or more pieces using the same materials. Example: frames, mats and glass.
© 2004-2014, Creative Framing Art Gallery All Rights Reserved